To answer the question you're all asking yourself. I live in California and yes, I AM this pale!
Here is how I accomplished this look.
1. Take a shower! (This will help you out in life in general)
2. Washed scalp with a dry hair shampoo. I'm using the uber expensive Kerastase Bain Satin 2. Not sure if I will repurchase but that is another post in itself!
3. Use a moisturizing conditioner and work it through the bottom 3/4 of hair.
4. Use a brush to comb your wet hair out in the shower. Go ahead and yell at me about how this encourages breaking! Do it anyways if you have trouble with waves :X
6. Use a t-shirt to "towel dry" hair. I read on many of your blogs as well as The Beauty Department's site that this cuts down on frizz!
7. Do not brush hair again! Finger comb if you see some serious tangles otherwise just go with it!
8. Use a leave in conditioner or pomade type product and scrunch from the ends up. I used a pomade and serum mix. Pomade is almost too sticky to scrunch hair and a mousse may leave crunchy waves.
9. Scrunch the top layers as they would lay on your head.
10. Air dry!
Happy Monday and best of luck!