Cheap Buys.

I realize I post a lot of *expensive* items that I'd love...okay die to own. And that's probably not going to stop. I have expensive taste sometimes. The fact is though, I can't afford ALL of this stuff. And even if I could, I'm not sure I'd still pay that much for a top. I do believe that some stuff is worth the splurge (i.e. purses, jeans, boots, and some jewelry). Think classic though. Will you wear this next year? If so, it's probably okay to spend more. But with tops and sweaters I get sick of stuff after awhile and spending $100 on one shirt isn't always going to be appropriate. Yes, special occasions I reconsider this :)

I am a firm believer that you can mix a Target scarf with a Coach purse. You can mix a Marc Jacobs watch with a shirt from H & M. And no one will notice. In fact if you pick the right piece they probably will think the shirt is from Marc too. I used to work at Nordstrom. A Nordstrom located near the wealthy part of town. My favorite thing was to get a compliment on something I was wearing from a customer and to say I found it on sale or at Target. I like finding the expensive looking at an inexpensive price. We ALL do. Whether you have a $100 budget or $1000.

My forever21 picks for fall.







Where do you shop for bargains?

Enter my giveaway for a Rose Rags off the shoulder top here!

17 comments:

  1. forever 21 can have some really good items if you looks through what they have and know how to wear what you find. there is a store called papyrus that's the same way. charlotte russe too. sometimes i think i may be getting a little too old for their stuff but i can always find something good and not too expensive.

    ashley
    http://laluceimagery.blogspot.com
    @AMarieWilson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are *SO* right! It's the best to find something that looks expensive, but you don't have to pay an arm and a leg for it! I'm definitely a firm believer in budget chic! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those! esp the coral one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. f21 for sure. i've just purchased more than 1 item on this list! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite post yet, Hollie! i LOVE everything you post, but its always so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shopping Kohl's clearance racks for Lauren Conrad stuff. I LOVE her stuff and I always find GREAT deals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a forever 21 fanatic!!! I love that first top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a very high-end person, but I can find some really cute things at Forever 21. I love mixing high-end with low-end because it gives your style and outfits a lot more depth and dimension.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good points!! And those F21 picks are great, totally look more expensive than they are!

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh just had this talk with another blogger! I would 90% of the things I post I can NOT afford lol. Love This!
    xx
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! So many great things here! I love the coral dress and the last dress! Perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous finds!! I'm loving all of the slinky tops!! I went to forever yesterday and found so many great fall finds!!
    Have a fabulous weekend, Hollie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh that one shoulder dress is beautiful! Great picks

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely picks! I heard a rumour that a flagship Forever 21 store is opening here in London! My go-to place for good bargains is always H&M!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That 2nd top has my name all over it! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hit up Forever 21 all the time!! they have great clothing for cheap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for your comments. <3