Guest Post: Home Team Dreams

Happy Monday guys! I'm really pumped (just had to go a little Jersey Shore on you) that Brandi from Home Team Dreams is guest posting while I'm on vacation! 

She's hilarious. One of the few bloggers that I actually laugh out loud when I read her stuff. Her post speaks directly to my heart so I hope you enjoy it. And visit her blog. And post the "black and yellow" you tube video on her page. (Sorry if they actually do this, Brandi....)

Anyhow, read on!

I’m so excited that Hollie has asked that I come entertain her faithful followers for the day! I racked my brain for days trying to figure out a topic for this post. Hollie left the ball in my court so a million ideas came to mind.

Hollie always makes me laugh, so I thought about going the comedy route by telling a funny story. You know the kind of story that makes you tear up, turn red and hysterically laugh out loud. Not just “lol” but really laugh out loud. That would be great, right? Well, yeah, couldn’t think of one so that’s out. Next, I considered writing about vacationing. Hollie is away enjoying a wonderful vacation in Hawaii. Perhaps, offering up some great tips on the top must-see sites in Hawaii would be good. The problem with that idea? Um, I’ve never visited Hawaii nor have I had a decent vacation of any kind in years. Out the window. After several light-bulb moments blew out- hooded eye makeup tutorial, how to rock two-toned accessories, best DIY hot glue gun home projects, brain surgery… I finally settled on a topic.

The bucket list.

Many bloggers, including Hollie, have shared their bucket lists. Well, not only have I not shared my bucket list, I’ve never created a decent one. In 2008, I made a list of “lifetime goals” but I wouldn’t have considered it a bucket list. When I think of a bucket list I think of fun and adventure. Adventurous definitely doesn’t describe my list. It went a little something like this:

  • Get married (happened 2010)
  • Become a mother
  • Become a ballroom dance choreographer and competitor
  • Vacation in Italy (terrified to fly now; bad experience 2009)
  • Ride a rollercoaster (happened 2010. Hated it)
  • Open a cosmetics boutique
  • Finish writing at least 2 books (have started; completing is the goal)



You see. Nothing very exciting. No jumping off of cliffs or swimming across the pacific.  I’m sort of a non-adventurous chicken like that. The fact that I was 28- years-old before I got on a rollercoaster says it all.

Now that I’m almost 30, I think it’s time for a real bucket list. I need to add a little spice to it, right?! So here’s my new bucket list:

  • All of the above that I haven’t done +
  • Ride in a hot air balloon (I’m sure I will freak out)
  • Hang glide (this has always seemed cool but again will freak out)
  • Try horseback riding again (original story on Home Team Dreams)
  • Hold a Koala bear (and pray that it doesn’t scratch my face up)
  • Be in a flash mob
  • Act in a play
  • See a play on Broadway
  • Go to a Beyonce’ concert
  • Go on a Tiffany & Co. shopping spree (should this be here or on my If I Ever Win the Lottery List?)




You ladies are my witnesses; I now have a real bucket list! I’m sure I will add more in the future but this gives me a place to start. Now all that I need is for one of you to help me stick to getting it all done! Any volunteers?

1 comment:

  1. It was such a pleasure guest posting for you Hollie! Thanks again for asking me. I hope you're enjoying your trip! Can't wait for you to return and fill us in on the details! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for your comments. <3