Five Things You Probably Don't Care About

1. I just found out last Thursday that my roommate of five years is moving out with her boyfriend so I have to find a new place by September 1st. Oh, and I don't know anyone looking to move. So, I have been looking on Craigslist and have visited a few places. This could probably be a whole series of posts in itself. From one room I looked at where I'd share a bathroom with three other people, except "one person doesn't shower here" to another room where the other new roommate "is a recently divorced 40 something who plans on using it as a sex room..but don't worry I said she can't have guys over every night" this is going to be interesting!
Source: google.com via Sami on Pinterest

2. I've been reading up on minimalistic design in the past twenty four hours and have decided maybe at my next place I'll use baskets in shelves in my new closet for my clothes. How about no more dresser, eh? Will this be a regret? Maybe. Probably. If only I could go "minimalistic" on makeup...HA!

3. Let's give a round of applause for the NFL pre season!!!!! GO CHARGERS! ;) Can you all just admire how cute my quarterback is? Did you know he doesn't cuss?



4. I'm not sure I should even be writing this on the internet...but...whatever...I'm supposed to be at jury duty right now but I'm not. I did respond to their request though...they just didn't confirm my excuse or I didn't get it in the good ol' USPS. My po' azz can't afford to miss work Uncle Sam. Call my boss and tell him to pay me for my civic duty, capeesh!?

5. I'm over here today with five things about my city...San Diego! So check it!

16 comments:

  1. HAHAH a sex room! oh boy. modern day 50 shades of grey ;-)

    YAH NFL!!! SO EXCITED!!!

    umm yeah jury duty is no fun! i literally once sat there for 3 hours waiting to be called...got called...and then was told i didnt have to be there lol ugh

    happy tuesday!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. That is super stressful! I hope everything goes smoothly for you! And Uncle Sam can get bent. Jury Duty is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, looking for roommates is never fun! Have you tried Westside Rentals?

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha #1 sounds like a disaster! I'll be moving in October...but I'll be living solo...no creeper roommates please ;)
    And # sounds interesting...what have you been looking at exactly?!

    xoxox :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craig's list freaks me out when it comes to that sort of stuff! Seriously... I've heard of too many bad things happening! Be careful!

    I got a notice to be in jury duty once, but I never replied... :S not sure what they can do about that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. trying to find a place here is a nightmare. the amount of weird people always amazes me. where in san diego are you looking? i'll let you know if i hear of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should totally search Craig's List for "studio back houses" or "private entrance" - you might find a small, affordable place of your own! My cousin and I both have places like this from such a search, hers is a completely separate studio house and mine is attached to the main house but completely private/separate. We both only pay $600/month in good, safe neighborhoods in OC & north Long Beach which is impossible when apartment hunting! Give it a shot! :) Also, I <3 Rivers! Go Chargers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meannnn... I'm moving to California. You can be my roommate ;) Unfortunately, I won't be there by September 1st so you'll just have to be homeless until then, mmmk? Ha but seriously, WHAT is up with Craigslist roommate searches? Woof. Fingers crossed for you getting better luck soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope you don't get in trouble for not showing up to jury duty. That's kind of major here. But it really sucks when your boss won't pay you while you're gone. I'm all about minimalism but I definitely need a dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha Philip Rivers still like to taunt on that sideline (haha I am a Denver Broncos fan). But I loved reading that post about San Diego. I can't wait to go back one day. My husband proposed to me there on Coronado Beach. Hope your living situation improves soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck finding a roommate! I can't imagine the weidos you find on Craigslist. Staying at Hotel Del is also on my bucket list, in one of the beach front apartments. Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah ha! Love the jury duty bailing ;) I loved your SD list over on And Everything Nice! I feel so lucky I got to do 3 of those 5 things on my June visit to SD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sex room.. sounds uhh nice?.. Hopefully you find something soon, other than that I mean!!

    New follower.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck finding a new room! That's rough!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my word! craigslist can be a wonderful and also scary thing! good luck lady. I'll keep my eyes/ears open for SANE roommates.

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for your comments. <3