The 20's.

Sunday I mentioned the boyfriend and I started the series Boardwalk Empire. I didn't know much about it, except it has been mentioned as one of the best television series in the past few years. To be brief, it's about prohibition in the 1920's. 

I'm secretly a history fanatic. I love to understand why society is the way it is and how we got to where we are now. I'm the kind of person that if I understand why I can accept or try to empathize most situations. I originally transferred as a history major to my college with hopes of working in the arts/entertainment industry doing costume design for historical production. With the economy the way it is and the fact that my passions lie in many places, I wanted more flexibility so I'm now a communications major! 

The 1920's are hands down the decade I adore the most. I LOVE everything about the style back then. Especially the accessories. We see a lot of inspiration from this time today, headbands, long strands, pearls, newsboy hats, vintage headpieces....must I go on? It's absolutely necessary for a 1920's style post! 


Source: google.com via Ashley on Pinterest








Source: google.com via Joy on Pinterest






Source: etsy.com via Elle on Pinterest



20 comments:

  1. the 20s is def one of my favorites too! all these dresses are so pretty & i would def wear some of them.

    & i have been wanting to start watching Board Walk Empire! It looks so goood. I have way too many shows that I watch tho. So one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a history fanatic too! I have watched a few episodes of Boardwalk Empire, but I feel like I need to start from the beginning. I love the 20's, too! Have you ever watched Downton Abbey on Masterpiece Classics? It takes place during the 1910's, but it is GREAT. The costumes are so detailed and gorgeous. The whole first season is on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these pictures. I love the 20's

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so right. I love 1920s fashion! :) Those dresses are all incredible...

    and that bridal party? I LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Those dresses at the bottom are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been interested in watching that show as well - I might need to start soon! I am such a big fan of the 20's, something about that time just pulls me in! And the fashion was at the top!

    http://www.theprettyfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never watched the show... and I like the idea of the 20s I just don't like all the short hair-dos. What's so horrible about long pretty hair?? I do like the fringe though. And the dainty cigarette holders even though I hate cigarettes - they should hold the candy cigarettes instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boardwalk Empire is SUCH a good show! There have been two seasons so far...it's a must rent. I am a history fanatic too and the 1920s was a fantastic era - great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the style of the 20s! I almost bought a 20s flapper dress a couple months ago at goodwill but then realized I had no where to wear it to haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the 20s as well! I have been trying to find a good book to read that takes place in the 1920s but haven't heard of anything yet. Have any suggestions!? And the fashion... ahh YES. Love it all. :)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omigosh! I love the 20's too! The fashion, the lifestyle, the speakeasies, so fascinating to me. :) Great post my dear! Now I want to go buy headbands and flapper dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the 20's!! Doesn't Boardwalk make you so envious of that generation?! (well, not the prohibition part...LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love all of this. have a 20's inspired wedding!!!! so fun!

    xo
    Classic & Bubbly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not gonna lie, the 2nd season isn't as good as the first. But it's still good. It's such a great show just on a cinematic level, and they do such a good job of being historically accurate. One thing not so great about the 20's? The not showering everyday and no deodorant thing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the style of the 20s too. Featherrrsss, fringe, and flapper dresses. For the win!! :) That wedding looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Couldn't agree more about the 20s!! :) Gorgeous fashion. Class. Romance. PERFECT.

    What is this series?! DO TELL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE that show! Everything about it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a history nerd to the max. Kindred spirits!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooh pretty pretty! Love the round-up! :) I need to check into boardwalk empire- heard very good things!

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for your comments. <3