Double Standards.

There are some double standards I like.

My boyfriend and I are a little bit old school (which I like).

If you're more modern and like to do everything yourself or defy social expectations, I think that is AWESOME.

I'm just sayin' being a woman has perks.



+Guys build ikea furniture. Or anything that comes with tools. (I know how to, just takes me longer and probably isn't as stable).
+Guys pay on the first date. Unless you asked him? It's usually a bad sign if the guy lets you pay the first time in my experience. (Not that he should pay every time!)
+Guys do the grilling. Am I alone with this one? The only thing I've ever grilled is a hot dog.
+Guys carrying luggage. My brothers don't even question me when I ask them to bring my luggage in.
+Holding the door open for you sometimes.
+Guys driving on important dates. I don't mind driving and sure don't expect guys to drive 24/7 because that's just annoying for anyone. But your birthday, anniversary, or valentines day? Heck yes, the guy should drive. It feels more "datey".

What double standards do you like?

10 comments:

  1. Justin grew up in the south, in a military family, so he is all southern gentlemen/hospitality/chivalry. and i love it- i love when doors are opened, how he calls everyone sir or maam, how he can fix anything...

    i like a man to be "a man", if that makes sense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, we are the same exact way! When Ryan does things this way I feel like I have a gentleman as a fiance. I think that some people overlook these things and don't really care. I like being treated like a lady and to me these little things show respect. Especially opening the door, driving when it matters, carrying things for you, fixing things, and taking care of manly things. I think it really comes from how a guys dad treated the guy's mom growing up. At least in our case :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yes on driving! I hardly use my car on the weekend and its the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with all of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I are totally old school too. I cook him dinner every night and he takes out the trash, and I like it that way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. zac and i are so old school. he always opens the door, carries my bags, drives and grills. my favorite thing though is that he kills the spiders. it is so strange because my last boyfriend never did any of them. but zac's parents raised him right and i love all the things he does. he also loves all the things i do, like picking out and buying presents, baking cookies, and sending cards. we are a good match.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby and I are old school in some things too and I like it that way. We do take advantage of some "modern ways" ahaha like he cooks most of the time and sometimes I take out the trash but he defintiely is a man's man and I love him that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with all of those! The one time I attempted to grill it was a disaster :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I have much of a double standard on this one :) I'm more than happy to let him do all that hard stuff ... whats more, it makes him feel manly, so its a win-win. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog through the blog hop - new GFC follower! I'm loving this list. I too agree that boys should grill everything and drive on important dates! Every single time I've manned the grill, the food is always overdone and unedible. And they should drive, well, because I suck at driving :)

    Can't wait to read more of your blog!

    -Samantha
    itsallinthedeats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank YOU for your comments. <3