A new cider for you to drink.


I'm sure most of you know by now that I am a fan of beer, wine, the works...The beer culture in San Diego is a big one and I frequent breweries and tastings of all sorts. However, beer, wine, cocktails, ciders (made from apples rather than barley and hops found in beer), they all mean calories that can add up pretty fast after one or two drinks. Who wants to be counting calories when drinking? Not I.

I think this is where people start to back off a little bit from fun drinks. Honestly, it's HARD to find a great tasting "light" beer or cocktail that tastes GOOD. Well friends, I have good news for you. If you like ciders, wines, and fun mixed drinks and you like low calories you're in luck. My suggestion? Michelob ULTRA Light Ciders. Only 120 calories. Yes, 1-2-0. That's like a string cheese. (Please visit Michelob’s site here!)

(This awesome photo filter aged my hands thirty years. Hmmm...)


And it's GLUTEN FREE. I almost spit the drink out my mouth when I read that. I'm not sure how they'd pulled that one off but I'm pleased that my off and on gluten free diet now has an alcoholic beverage to add to the "okay" list. Apples are naturally sweetening, so that's where the GF thing comes into play. Still sounds like magic to me. Most of the drinks I LOVE are NOT gluten free.

This is all good but how does it taste, right? It's delicious! I want to do a blind taste test on my boyfriend, because for a guy who will drink wine but prefers dark hoppy beers, cider can sound a little girly...I think he and most everyone would love it!

I hate most white wines, but Michelob ULTRA Light Cider is a better alternative. It's sweet, but NOT overbearing. I'm the kind of person who waters down their lemonade because it's too sweet. Most sweet cocktails make my stomach hurt terribly. I like how light and fresh this is! It's definitely sweet but it's just more of a crisp taste. I am totally going to have a little dinner party and serve this. For all of you pinterest lovers, use your fancy glasses and table settings and throw Michelob Ultra Light Cider over some ice for your guests.



The downside? I drank almost an entire bottle in ninety seconds. I can easily see myself finishing a six pack...alone. Keep count of how many you've had and enjoy!

You can also check out Michelob ULTRA Light Cider page on BlogHer.com.

Which favorite summer meal or activity do you think would go best with Michelob ULTRA Cider?