I know a lot of women across America don't like football. At one time, I didn't as well. Until you really give the game a chance there's no way to understand why men are yelling and throwing things at the t.v. Why are they planning their entire schedules around the game? Why do they suddenly not care about anything else when football is on? I get why you're annoyed and I get why you're confused.
However, I grew up in a sports minded family--we love basketball, baseball, and football. My Dad is a die hard Detroit Lions fan. In fact, he got a Lions tatoo on his chest about five years or so ago. (If you know anything about the Lions, they're TERRIBLE! As in some of the worst records in NFL history) While I wouldn't grow up to become a Lions fan, I did fall in love with the San Diego Chargers.
Before you click "unfollow" on the right hand side over there...
- Men in tights. Enough said!
- The best excuse in the world to eat unhealthy food. Wings, appetizers, hamburgers, chips, dips, chili, pizza...BEER!
- Victory dances. These guys practice their moves in the mirror (you know you do too) before games and it shows! Look at my boy Mike Tolbert doing the dougie in the endzone. You're sold right here, aren't you?!
- Talent. Do you realize how hard it is to throw a hail mary to someone down the field? Do you know how difficult it is to catch a football when HUGE men are all up in your grill? I doubt I could do it. In fact, I don't think a lot of of the guys I know could do that. It takes the top athletes in our country to make it in the NFL. R-E-S-P-E-C-T!
- Unity. Think Friday Night Lights. Now you have something to talk about with anyone in our country at any time. It brings people with all sorts of hobbies together to become a team. Don't you want to be a part of something great? Well, you can. Become a team support. And Victoria's Secret Pink makes the cutest clothes for football fans.
Need a good read? Click here <3