If you're a consistent reader of this blog you know I mention "minimalism" often.
Yes, I'm obsessed with reading simple lifestyle, downsizing, organization, and minimalist blogs. (If there is any interest out there I can share my favorite ones!)
I can honestly say I'm VERY good at organizing.
So today I've compiled a how-to list of sorts to start your clutter free life!
And it's easy. Only five steps.
1. Pick a room. One room at a time. Only take on what you can right now.
2. Grab supplies. You'll need two boxes and one trash bag.
3. Label one box "keep" and one box "might need".
4. Now the hard part is getting into the mind set of needs. What constitutes a need? Is it useful? Honestly, how often do you use it? Is it beautiful? Do you love it? If any of the questions are no, you don't need it. Do you NEED 20 ratty towels? Probably not.
5. Separate your stuff! If you don't LOVE it and you don't USE it toss it into the trash bag. You can take this trash bag to the good will. If it's a keeper put it where it belongs. And if the keeper doesn't have a home put it in the keep box. You will find a home for it later. Not sure if you use it enough to keep but don't want to toss it? Put it in the might need box. At the end of cleaning your room put the might need box in the garage or somewhere you can't see it. In six months you can visit the box again and make some tough decisions. Find a home for your keepers in the keeper box.